Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
It was a wet winter here on the Central Coast…
In the past SERVPRO of Santa Clara has received calls for Mold Inspections and Mold Remediation well into the summer months following a wet winter. This is for a combination of reasons.
- At times a roof leak caused water intrusion. The homeowner calls a roofing company to tarp the roof until repairs can be made. The tarp gets compromised by the ongoing rains and wind and additional intrusion occurs. If this is the case call SERVPRO of Santa Clara to inspect your attic for water damage and mold contamination.
- It could also be that an intrusion occurred but the homeowner is unaware because there is no visible staining. As the weather warms up musty odors occur. These type odors are an indication that mold contamination may be lurking inside structural cavities and voids. If you are detecting musty odors, call SERVPRO of Santa Cruz to perform an inspection of suspect areas.
- We also receive post winter calls inquiring about visible mold around window trim and casings. SERVPRO of Santa Clara can remove the old window and remove mold contamination from the structure around the window. Then we would install new windows and you will be ready for next winter.
These are a few of the many scenarios that can affect your home during winter time rains. If you suspect that your home sustained water and mold damage, call SERVPRO of Santa Clara at (408) 392-9700 to perform an inspection.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (408) 392-9700
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Santa Clara?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (408) 392-9700
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Santa Clara is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Santa Clara community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.