Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Is that MOLD?! How to Properly Handle Mold in your Santa Clara County Home.
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores are naturally present nearly everywhere, both indoors and outdoors, making it literally impossible to remove all mold from your property. The goal in completing a professional mold remediation would be to reduce the elevated levels of mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level, getting an area back to its “normal fungal ecology”. There are some businesses you may have seen advertise “mold removal” and even promise to eliminate all mold, which is erroneous. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold occurs almost everywhere organically, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, invisible to the naked eye, drifting through the air and are able to enter your home through windows, doors, AC/heating systems or even on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores flourish in moist conditions. Mold spores will rapidly colonize when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any issues causing water damage or excess moisture must be addressed and repaired otherwise the mold will re-colonize and return.
- Mold often generates a pungent, musty odor and can help lead you to possible mold problem areas when the mold is hidden inside wall cavities.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. It’s best to maintain an indoor humidity level that is below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, call our experts today to inspect and assess your property using our specialized training and equipment to remediate your mold infestation.
If You Have Signs of Mold Damage, Call SERVPRO of Santa Clara Today – (408) 392-9700
Prevent Damage to Your Home from Rainwater Intrusion
Mold Growth supported by Rainwater Intrusion
With the recent and ongoing rainstorms there have been many residences that have sustained damage from rainwater intrusion. If your home has experienced moisture intrusion, the first and most important step is to stop the source of water intrusion by means of a roof tarp, sand bags, a sump pump, a French drain, or a combination of these depending on the source of water intrusion. Then give SERVPRO of Santa Clara a call to perform a moisture inspection, determine which materials sustained damage and provide an estimate to dry the structure. If moisture is left on the building materials and is not addressed, the conditions can cause secondary damages and mold contamination. For mold to colonize, the organism needs moisture and food. The moisture provides the means for mold to assimilate and digest food. The food is anything cellulosic which in layman’s terms is anything from plants. This includes many of the materials that are used to construct your home, i.e. the paper on drywall and on the backing of vinyl floors, the wood used to frame your home, wooden floors, doors, baseboards, trim and the list goes on and on. Mold contamination can damage your structure and create an unhealthy indoor environment for you and your family. If your home sustains moisture damage from rainwater intrusion or if you suspect moisture or mold contamination call SERVPRO of Santa Clara. Our friendly office staff will help schedule a time to inspect your home and recommend the steps necessary to dry the structure and remediate any mold that is discovered. SERVPRO of Santa Clara has anAmerican Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC)Council Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor on staff, who can guide you through the remediation process.
Can you safely take care of mold in your home or business?
Call SERVPRO of Santa Clara 408-392-9700
There are lots of companies who will do a mold inspection/estimate for your company & talk about how they can “clean” mold with bleach. Well, they can certainly try, but it won’t help. SERVPRO® of Santa Clara is committed to re mediating the problem completely & correctly so that you can get back to business faster, with less impact on your customers & business. We are able to work with you to limit disruptions allowing your work to go on, with certified technicians that use proper Techniques and industry standards. For more information on how SERVPRO® of Santa Clara can help you call us at 408-392-9700. We can come out and do an inspection & speak honestly & openly with you about options that you have.#SERVPRO #LikeItNeverEvenHappened #HereToHelp #ReBuildingStories #SERVPROOFSANTACLARA
SERVPRO® of Santa Clara has been serving the community since 2001. We are dedicated to helping our customers when disaster strikes and helping to make it “Like it never even happened,” We are ready 24/7, 365 at 408-392-9700 to help you.
Does Your Santa Clara County Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Santa Clara County, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (408) 392-9700