Fire, Smoke, & Soot Mitigation Services for our Santa Clara Community
Smoke and soot is extremely overtaking and will infiltrate numerous cervices inside your home, causing concealed damage and odor. Our years of smoke damage experience and expertise enables us to inspect and assess the precise degree of the damage, allowing for the development of a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot specifics:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke drifts around plumbing systems migrating through the openings around plumbing pipes between levels
- The type of smoke can dramatically affect the restoration process.
Various Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. Each type of smoke creates a different kind of soot residue after a fire, each requiring its own unique cleaning procedure. Before restoration commences, SERVPRO of Santa Clara will test the soot to identify the type of smoke damage that is present in order to develop the appropriate remediation plan. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Deriving from Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Deriving from Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of substance rather than from a fire
- Practically invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, severe pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Promise
Every structure affected by smoke and fire damage reacts in its own unique way and requires its own individually tailored restoration plan. SERVPRO of Santa Clara has the right equipment, expertise, and experience to professionally mitigate your fire and smoke loss. We will treat your family with empathy and respect, and your property with intricate care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Santa Clara Today – 408-392-9700