Is that MOLD?! How to Properly Handle Mold in your Santa Clara County Home.
Microscopic mold spores are naturally present nearly everywhere, both indoors and outdoors, making it literally impossible to remove all mold from your property. The goal in completing a professional mold remediation would be to reduce the elevated levels of mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level, getting an area back to its “normal fungal ecology”. There are some businesses you may have seen advertise “mold removal” and even promise to eliminate all mold, which is erroneous. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold occurs almost everywhere organically, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, invisible to the naked eye, drifting through the air and are able to enter your home through windows, doors, AC/heating systems or even on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores flourish in moist conditions. Mold spores will rapidly colonize when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any issues causing water damage or excess moisture must be addressed and repaired otherwise the mold will re-colonize and return.
- Mold often generates a pungent, musty odor and can help lead you to possible mold problem areas when the mold is hidden inside wall cavities.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. It’s best to maintain an indoor humidity level that is below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, call our experts today to inspect and assess your property using our specialized training and equipment to remediate your mold infestation.